Sudoko is usually a 3×3 grid of 3×3 squares, with numbers 1 – 9.
Yesterday, the Duc Games Club played variations on the Sudoku theme:
– 2×2 grid of 2×2 squares using 4 colours of buttons
– 2×3 grid of 3×2 rectangles using 6 colours of lego
Pure awesomeness, and all built from scratch, on paper!
Yesterday, the school garden initiative at Duc D’Anville school met for the second time, with participation from parents, students, local residents experienced with community gardening, school administration and community workers.
Everyone seems to like the proposed plan, see layout on the right, including the principal.
Now we need building materials for the raised beds, logs for seating, soil, 2 large compost bins.
Fund-raising action items and ideas:
- Complete the United Way grant application
- Use school letter to ask stores for donations
- Call for donations in the school newsletter
- Contact city (?) about tree trunks for seating
- Contact ecology action centre community garden coordinator
- Contact Burton Ettinger school administration for advice
- Launch a Mothers Day fundraiser (“love that grows”)